Sunday, October 19, 2008

bubbles

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I’m aware that in other countries, the idea of a “personal bubble” simply doesn’t exist. When you get into an empty elevator, you stand wherever you want.. but the instant a 2nd person comes in, you divide the space equally. As more people fill into the elevator, everyone creates a bubble around themselves and hopefully, no one steps into those invisible boundaries.

Similar to this analogy are parking your car, being seated by a hostess, or even choosing study tables in the library.

In other countries, such as China, where overpopulation doesn’t give much freedom to “bubbles”, they don’t waste space. On the elevator, 1st person stands in a corner. As space fills up with bodies, they pack in as many people as possible, without considering each others’ comfort zones.


But here is my little complaint: we are not in an overpopulated country. We are in America… and really, if there’s only you and me in a large room, or specifically in a completely empty bathroom, don’t come close to me. It’s not that I’m a nasty, disgusting girl you shouldn’t be near… it’s just common courtesy people! I don’t want you parking your car ever so closely next to mine when the rest of the lot is empty. I don’t want to be able to smell what you ate for lunch on your breath as you yell at me for being late to work. I don’t want to smell your nasty BO in the stall next to me.


Just give me my space people. I have a comfort zone, and I would very much appreciate it if you didn’t cross it. Please and thank you. :] have a great day!

No comments:

 
(en·tro·py) © 2008. Design by Pocket