Wednesday, January 28, 2009

whirlwind

Wednesday, January 28, 2009
What a whirlwind of events and thoughts..

First of all, despite being SUPER dramatized by money, I feel that my life is actually in a very good place right now. For the moment, I am actually sitting back, realizing that I am virtually happy and satisfied with the way things are going.

I think part of it is that I cleaned up a lot today... I rearranged a few pieces of furniture, I sold a few books and movies to the used book store ($15! ^o^ haha), I sold my Wii (yes, sad to see it go but I needed the money more), and I've posted other various frivolous belongings for sale online to further save money and finally get ahead. I applied for a few places for a second job, and hopefully I get a response from one.. I would really like to have extra spending money and really earn something for myself, you know?

Now, moving on.. I know I've complained a lot about JJ's job and not being able to spend enough time with him.. but now I realize it's okay. We both have to make sacrifices to be able to enjoy the time we DO have together, and his job is actually pretty great (depending on how you look at it haha).. He makes a decent paycheck on a weekly basis.. it's not a stressful job at all (except for when he gets super tired).. especially compared to his previous place of employment.. I think the biggest downfall is the location. He DOES travel quite a bit to get there, and in traffic, it can really suck.

And I'm learning how to take advantage of the time I have without him. I can really get a lot done (no offense baby) and feel much more accomplished with my life. Plus, I'm back to reading again! =D Right now, I'm actually reading 2 different books at a time.. two very different stories though.. Just for a change of pace from time to time.

The first book is Bookends by Jane Green. I've already read it, but it's the first time I've opened it since I last put it down 3 1/2 years ago. It truly feels like a new book -- all that reminds me that it's not is all the highlights I did back in 2005.

The second book is All Families Are Psychotic by Douglas Coupland. It's pretty interesting so far. Honestly I picked it up simply for the title and a quick scan of the blurb. It was definitely a great idea and I'm glad I paid the entire $1 for it at the book store ;)

Although I wouldn't readily admit it to my family anytime within the next decade, I'm actually considering taking classes for culinary arts. I'm still going to stick with pharmacy because it's a great profession (plus it makes you hate people.. which I believe gives you character and a different outlook on life in general -- and not always in the negative "I hate the world" type of way either) and it's a great backbone too.. Okay okay, what I mean to say is there's money in pharmacy.

But despite knowing that I'll be financially secure being a professional, PharmD drug dealer, I would really like to pursue an education of (if not a career in) baking and/or restaurant management. I know I'm a qualified leader-type, I have a passion for baking and cooking (well, I'm getting there haha), and... it's always been a dream of mine. But then again, isn't that what half of us daydream about anyway?

"It's always been a dream of mine to someday run...
... a restaurant"
... a bookstore"
... a coffee shop"
... my own car shop / garage"

"It's always been a dream of mine...
... to live happily ever after".


Nevertheless, I still would like to have the opportunity to make it come true. Not necessarily even in the next 15 years.. but someday. I am also aware that an opportunity like that isn't just going to just hand itself to me. I will need the experience, education, and money to do so.

So I want to start from the bottom and work my way up. And for that I also need time.. and what time better than now. Like I said, it's been a whirlwind of a day.. lots of thinking, lots of rearranging, lots of change. But most of all, lots of progress.. yes, they're all little baby steps, but there have definitely been steps towards a better future. So, for the time being, I'm virtually happy and satisfied with my life.

No comments:

 
(en·tro·py) © 2008. Design by Pocket