Wednesday, March 25, 2009

step back.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009
So I have the night to myself again, and I figured I'd do some catching up.. I've been pushing off writing my grandparents (in the Philippines) a spontaneous "love letter".. so I sat down and got to work! The instant I got comfortable, I realized how difficult it was for me. I wasn't sure where to start.. I wasn't sure what was going to be appropriate to talk about.. I don't ever hide anything from them, but I also don't know what aspects of my life might stress them out now..

My Lolo (grandpa) and Lola (grandma) are two of the most important people in my life.. I hate to not share every detail of my life, but there's just too much "little drama" that they could interpret as BIG drama.. In the past when I used to write them letters or talk to them over the phone, it was fine because I was young; there wasn't much that they should be too concerned about (they really could care less about the boy crushes I had, or what books I was currently reading). I know what they would want to hear about is school, but it's not that easy. They wouldn't understand why I would take semester breaks or only a few classes per semester.

I sometimes regret how I've handled my educational lifestyle, but at the same time, I know that if I had been full time all the way through, life would have been too stressful and too complicated with all the other commotion in my life. I'm glad with the way the rest of my life turned out.. it's actually just the standards that my grandparents put out for me that only make me worry about my future.

No comments:

 
(en·tro·py) © 2008. Design by Pocket