Friday, May 01, 2009

random rant

Friday, May 01, 2009
The other day, I had one of our regular elderly customer come in.. He's about 80 years old, and he's the sweetest man ever. He lives alone (widower) and is pretty independent.. Well, when he came in, he was obviously very much in pain and a little upset.. I asked him if he was okay, and he replied:

"You'll never believe it. Over the weekend, I was rear-ended at a stoplight. A 15year old girl with a permit didn't brake in time. Now I'm driving this new rental car and there are so many buttons I barely know how to drive it!"

He left, walking timidly, relying on the cart he was pushing for stability. As he left, I couldn't help but feel super upset.. I felt so bad for what he had to go through, especially since he takes care of himself and doesn't seem to have anyone else to help him. At the same time, I hope that girl knows how much trouble she's in. She was driving ALONE with a permit. Yeah.. I hate high schoolers.. I know it's a pretty ignorant thing to say.. I know it's a stereotype to think all high schoolers are immature.. I know there are exceptions..

But this wasn't an exception. And it's just another reason why I hate when high schoolers think they own the world and can do what they want. Poor Mr. (ins pt's last name for privacy). I hope he's feeling better. :(

No comments:

 
(en·tro·py) © 2008. Design by Pocket