Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mistakes

Tuesday, March 27, 2007
He cheated on her.. so they broke up. She has a new boyfriend now.. but they're still in love..

Does that work?? If they love each other, shouldn't they just be able to trust each other? I can understand why she wouldn't be able to right away.. but by being together, alone, I feel like it's only going to complicate their situation..

I know it's not my place to tell them what to do or what I think is best for them, but I just can't help but be confused and think late into the night about this one..

If she was ready to move on, she shouldn't have had feelings for him anymore.. but she clearly does.. and it's hurting and confusing her. I can tell how happy they make each other, but he made a mistake. He can't go and change the past.. What he did was wrong, but there's nothing he can do to convince her that he's trustworthy still. It's something she's just gotta be able to do on her own..

But she's not ready to do that yet, I don't think.. So why do they hang out still? Why are they still constantly flirting?

In an older blog, I wrote that there are three things that define love: faith, hope, and trust. I believe that if you start to lose any of those things in a relationship, the love is weakened.. But now I can't help but wonder:

If the other two are stronger - if there is so much faith and hope built into the relationship, is the amount of trust not as important? In other cases even, can you have so much of two of the aspects of love that it's okay to not have the perfect amounts?

No comments:

 
(en·tro·py) © 2008. Design by Pocket