Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I think I'm starting to take things for granted, so I want to take a step back to just acknowledge how much there is I need to be grateful for...

  • The most important one: I am now in a position in my life where I could truly be completely comfortable and satisfied.. I'm still at that stage of marital bliss, where virtually nothing could challenge how much I love my husband.
  • Which brings me to I guess a second point: he does almost everything to keep me happy... even if it's something he probably shouldn't do or doesn't need to do (like treat me out to dinner)... I'm getting spoiled I'm finally with someone who keeps me happy, who goes out of his way to make sure of this, and who I still fall in love with each and every day...
  • Despite how much I whine and complain about them, I am still grateful to have the family that I have. We are, on the surface, a pretty amazing bunch: a mom, a dad, sister, brother, and grandma. My dad is super funny most of the time - even when things are really hard, he'll still try to slip in a few jokes. My mom is super organized and keeps things in control most of the time. My brother and I have become closer, and although we argue about the little things, I am still really grateful to have him (vs. a lot of other crazy kids out there) as my own brother.
  • With the economy going to pieces and people desperate to find and keep jobs, I'm glad that I'm pretty stable with a company that has a pretty reputable name. Yes, I am looking for a new working environment, but I am still grateful for the past 5 years... it paid for a lot of things over that half-decade
What started all of this?? I was up until 5 in the morning last night / today just re-reading all my old blogs... It's crazy how much I've changed, and it's really entertaining how over-dramatic I was back then... not saying I'm not that way today, but I could easily argue that I've matured a lot. It was an eye-opener too. I saw what I used to wish and hope for, and realize I already have so much that others would only dream of having. So, without flaunting all of this or bragging at all, this is a blog of simply appreciating everything around me.

No comments:

 
(en·tro·py) © 2008. Design by Pocket