Tuesday, February 17, 2009

spring cleaning

Tuesday, February 17, 2009
I know, I know... IT'S NOT SPRING YET! Lately, however, it has felt as if it's that time of year to break out the sunny days wardrobe. And it hasn't helped that I've been doing TLC marathons a lot lately :)

So, since I have the weekend to myself, I really do want to start my spring cleaning early. I want to get rid of a lot of clothes that I don't wear anymore and probably donate it to Goodwill or Salvation Army.. and then maybe go shopping for some new clothes =D

Even though I blog about it all the time, the basement cleaning rarely ever ends.. I really wanna get rid of all the JUNK that's cluttering the storage rooms.. I want to keep the basement as minimal as possible!

I also want to do a little personal "cleaning" as well.. two sides I'd like to update:

1) The weight issue ;; I need to get back into shape.. just do some light cardio everyday, just around the block.. and then watch what I eat. I'm really convinced I can do this now.. especially since JJ talked to me about how he'll be really supportive with my lifestyle change.

2) Cosmetic maintenance: I need to work on taking care of my looks better. I occasionally skip out on taking care of my skin and I'd really like to change that. I also want to toss out and buy new makeup and facial cleansers.. I'm tired of just having the generic brands and "whatever is on sale"... I feel like I deserve a bit of a splurge.

With all of that said, I know I can't do all of this at once. It'll take some time, especially with the personal skin care.. but I'm hoping this spring, I can get it all done.. I mean, I AM starting 2 months early this year =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"want to...
"need to...

these phrases are not operative. Nor do they state any type of activity.
The good thing is - at least you know what you need to do.
The bad thing is - you haven't said that you will do it. Want and need imply that they haven't been done yet. They are words that are too open because you can do nothing but still want to do it. But Will you do it?
Suggestion - Write a pledge. Sign your name. Not type. Tape it on your wall where you will see it every day. This will at least get you started before you get used to seeing it every day.

 
(en·tro·py) © 2008. Design by Pocket