Monday, February 05, 2007

am i really a commitment-phobe?

Monday, February 05, 2007
So being single is a blast. I go on dates that mean nothing more than having a good time. I am slowly learning which types of boys mean trouble for me. I'm finding out what makes me happy and what turns me off. And I'm becoming closer to my girl friends too.

But part of me wonders about being in a relationship again. I mean, I DO have my heart set on SOMEONE, but I'm not sure if I'm emotionally ready for that. I miss some parts of being in a relationship... holding hands, talking on the phone late at night before one of us can't keep our eyes open any longer, random emails/messages/letters, random gifts, spur-of-the-moment dates to baskin robbins or mcdonalds. The simple things. I miss the simple pleasures of having someone special. When I really think about it, I miss the arguing too. I miss arguing over jealousy rivals, who calls who more, who misses who more (ok not really this one), how seeing each other is so hard with busy schedules in the way...

I know I can get all of these through dating, but I don't think it's the same.

I want the butterflies back.

No comments:

 
(en·tro·py) © 2008. Design by Pocket