Thursday, February 26, 2009

Something Big(ger than Me)

Thursday, February 26, 2009
I can't say that I'm the best baker in town.. I am, in fact, far from that.. I just know that I love to bake.. and I love to share what I create with everyone I love.. (and everyone that loves the finished products haha) It's one of my biggest obsessions at the moment.. and something I'm practicing more and more. I'm hoping to become a professional someday and it's something I'm taking pretty seriously.

But today I was introduced to a bigger deal.

While browsing the latest Family Circle, I landed on page 36: "Recipe for Success". To be honest, what caught my eye was the picture of an average woman, holding a tray of yummy-looking cookies. As I read the article, however, it was like a light shining through the clouds (which are drenching Chicago with beautiful rain by the way). It was that very moment that I learned about the Great American Bake Sale. I have already registered for more information to be sent my way. I am currently mapping out the who/what/where/when of my own bake sale to help end childhood hunger.

I'm finally able to apply a talent in something big. Official registration will be released in March, so I just have to wait to see what materials will be available in just a few weeks. Spring 2009 is looking more and more beautiful =)

No comments:

 
(en·tro·py) © 2008. Design by Pocket